Thursday, March 25, 2010

A new thing... A new me


Isaiah 43:18-19
 “ Do not remember the former things, 
      Nor consider the things of old. 
      Behold, I will do a new thing, 
      Now it shall spring forth; 
      Shall you not know it? 
      I will even make a road in the wilderness 
      
And rivers in the desert."


For the past month I have been thinking about the seasons we all go through as children of God. I think I have been thinking about it so much because not only do I not fully understand why God wants to take us through seasons but because I find myself in a place where I'm constantly comparing the season I am in now to previous ones I have had in the past. The wise King Solomon states the there is a time for everything under the sun. He also says God makes all things beautiful in IT's time. So here I am sitting here asking God "what is IT?" How can I know what you are making beautiful if you don't tell me what "IT" is! For you it could be character, a relationship with a friend or family member, your future, your past. Whatever "IT" is we can stand on God's promise that one day in "IT's" time it will be beautiful. For me right now my "IT" is this season I am in right now and my heart that God is molding, shaping, and breaking right in His hands. As He is doing this I am forced to look at myself and who I am. I knew who I was in the seasons before but here now I'm not sure I do. Not because I don't know who God says I am but because for so long I have been comparing who I am now to who I once was. I have been comparing how I experience God now to how I once did... and it has taken me to a place of confusion and even condemnation. Maybe some of you know what I am talking about and if you don't maybe one day you will. But God is saying now... "Im doing a new thing  stop looking at who you once were in the former times because it is causing you to miss what I am doing now!" Hearing Him say this to me is such a relief... I don't have to be that same girl I once was... not that she wasn't doing and being who God wanted her to be but because now He is doing a new thing and it doesn't have to look like the old. And I can let go... we all can let go of that fear of not measuring up and instead just be who He created us to be for such a time as this and rest in His grace with the understanding that He is making us beautiful and sometimes the timing doesn't go with ours but thats ok. We can relax and give it to God and allow Him to take us to heavenly places where we can see timing from His view. A wise woman once told me, "Until you learn what God is teaching you in this season He wont take you to the next." God is faithful and has the road prepared before us to get us to place where He wants us to be... to teach us exactly what it is that we need to know. And rivers to give us strength and refreshment even in the driest of places... sometimes its so simple... today I make the choice to sit at the table of the Lord and just sit and eat ice cream with Him. That is what He is teaching me... just to go to that place where all that matters and all that I have is in Him. I don't need to be looking back at yesterday... but just being in that moment with Him and not comparing what I think joy should look like... or what I think intimacy is... but seeing He has created a new thing and I don't want to miss that. I hope whoever reads this will do the same. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment