Friday, August 20, 2010

To all my single ladies

Cherish the season you are in!

...it's for a reason.

 I know the majority of us have lived our lives dreaming on that perfect man for us. We think of all the little things we want in someone...Wit, integrity, good looks, charm, vision, character, style, and the list goes on...and on. I believe God puts those desires in us but we tend to take them and run with them... but why? I know the fairytale seems so much better than the lives we actually have... but wouldn't it be wonderful to love the life we have. To be satisfied with what God wants. To trust in that scripture... yes I'm going to throw it out there... you have probably heard this 1000 times when it comes to all your dreams and desires for that "perfect man" ...

"Delight yourself also in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart" -Psalm 37:4

It's such a good scripture... and is so TRUE but you know what I like more...
what God says before...and after that. We tend to focus on what we want to hear instead of what really brings rest to our souls.

Proverbs 37:3 states "Trust in the LORD, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. 
I feel the Lord say "feed on My faithfulness... put all your hope in Me... look to me... stop making everything a performance... to be honest when I hear delight yourself in the Lord most of the time I automatically think "I have to read my Bible more... pray twice as much... have every waking thought be something about God... DELIGHT DELIGHT DELIGHT! ...with joy of coarse :)" God wants us to trust Him. Trust is a product of a relationship where you know you are loved. Do you know (in your heart) that God loves you? Because if/when you do trust in Him feeding on His faithfulness will be more than enough. True delight will come.

...now moving onto Psalm 37:5 "Commit your way to the LORD, And trust in Him, and He shall bring it to pass." Again it says trust in Him... so really trust that God will bring every one of Your desires to pass. It's not something you have to make happen. Finding that perfect guy... it will come in the right season. Don't try to make it happen because you'll lose sight of what God is doing in you right now. Commit yourself to God's will. It's so much better than what we would give ourselves. Just like you... I'm a single lady and I stand in faith that God wants to give me a man far better than what I would pick for myself. So I just want to live my life... trust in God... it's far better than anything else. True delight isn't a bunch of works... but it's trust in the One who wants to love you more that anyone else. So let Him!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment