Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weight or Wait?

You know that saying..."The best things in life are worth waiting for"?  So often we fear change and yet we are constantly wanting it. (or at least I am) We live our day to day lives looking forward to that day and or thing that we have been waiting for. Waiting for the perfect job, marriage, accomplishment. How is it possible to be satisfied with what we have currently if what we are waiting for seems so much greater? I ask myself this question right as I ask myself if it's really possible. I try not to set myself up to be disappointed and yet again pray for something greater than I could ever imagine. I could either sit in the boat or take a step out and see what happens next. The next thing I know what I have been waiting for has become more of a weight. And then I ask...
"is it really worth waiting for? maybe I should just ______" (you fill in the blank) This is NOT what God has in store for us!

"God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits, to the woman who diligently seeks. It's a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from God. It's a good thing when you're young to stick it out through the hard times. When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself. Enter the silence. Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions: Wait for hope to appear. Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face. The "worst" is never the worst"-Lamentations 3:25-27 MSG
...Gosh, I love the first 5 words or this scripture...that's all I needed to be sucked into the absolute truth that God wants to share with us. GOD PROVES TO BE GOOD! We can put all of our hope into God. It's a good thing to wait. The enemy wants to distract us by taking those things that we are "patiently" waiting for and twisting them causing us to question God's faithfulness. God wants to give us the desires of our hearts. Not only that but God's desires for us are way more incredible than we could ever give ourselves. The best thing any of us can do in these times is to seek God. Giving our fears to God will enable us to walk freely in His grace. As we do this we will reap the greatness of the fruits of the Spirit. There is nothing like true love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, & self-control. We can all try to get bits and pieces of the fruits of the Spirit but I have learned they are not something I can produce in myself. I can produce emotions and reactions to life circumstances. But what's so great is that the fruits of the Spirit will help get us through the ups and downs of life. God is always constant our emotions are not. As we wait on the Lord we must take our impatience, fear, doubts, and mistakes to God and allow Him to give us the peace we need. The self-control to keep ourselves on the narrow road... etc. As you wait allow God to prove Himself to be good. Seek for it in prayer and scripture. Allow Him to give you the strength to get from where you are to where He is taking you. His timing will always be perfect so give your weight to Him and receive what He wants to teach you as you wait.


"Why would you ever complain, O Jacob, or, whine, Israel, saying, "God has lost track of me. He doesn't care what happens to me"? Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening? God doesn't come and go. God lasts. He's Creator of all you can see or imagine. He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath. And he knows everything, inside and out. He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength to dropouts. For even young people tire and drop out, young folk in their prime stumble and fall. But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don't get tired, they walk and don't lag behind."-Isaiah 40:27-31

No comments:

Post a Comment