Saturday, July 9, 2011

Some days are just better than others.

I haven't blogged in awhile honestly because I haven't had much to write about. I'm creeping into my last days here in the TC. I'm not sure how to feel about it. One part of me is so ready and excited to leave my hometown and venture out into the unknown. There are so many things to look forward to! On the other hand I'm here today sitting in a quaint little coffee shop, sipping on a delish latte (thank God! if I have one more bad cup of coffee I might just pack up and leave early) reading my Bible AND sifting through my thoughts and emotions. Some of you may already know I am moving to Portland in a month... I love Portland, I fell blessed God is keeping me in the Northwest. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. In this there is SO much faith that I desperately need to step out in. I know I can't do anything on my own and so humbly I give God all control.

"(God)...who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,...For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, FOR I KNOW WHOM I HAVE BELIEVED AND AM PERSUADED THAT HE IS ABLE TO KEEP WHAT I HAVE COMMITTED TO HIM until that day." -2 Tim. 1:9 & 12


Reading this scripture today reminded me about the one and only Jesus. The commentary of my bible blessed me with the wise teachings of Mr. Jack Hayford,


"The focus of faith is knowing in the whom we believe, not merely what we believe. Faith is more that understanding a particular promise - Faith is knowing Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith; focusing the Person behind the promise more than the promise itself."


I'm always reminded of Peter stepping out of the boat.. I probably bring up his act of faith in every other blog post lol. Peter knew Jesus and had so much confidence in the Jesus he knew that he asked Him to command him to come out to Jesus on the water. All Jesus said to Peter was, "Come". Peter was asking for it. We all ask to be used by God, but how confident are we in the Jesus we know that when He says "come" do we take a step out of the boat in faith. So here I go, Jesus is saying to me come...so i must go. The Jesus I know will reach down to pull me up if I sink. He will be with me every step of the way because He wants to. I need to know Him more and more every day. Thankfully he knows this and has plenty of grace and patience. <3



No comments:

Post a Comment